This classic, newly revised with the latest research and insights, is an indispensable source for anyone—from mid-level managers to CEOs—who must execute key business initiatives quickly and effectively. Managing at the Speed of Change has helped countless business leaders learn how to orchestrate transitions vital to their organizations’ success. Rather than focusing on what to change, this book is far more valuable: it shows readers how to change.
Based on Conner’s long-term research and his decades of consulting experience, Managing at the Speed of Change uses simple, easy-to-understand language and elegant visuals to explore the dynamics of change, and in doing so, teaches readers:
- why major change is difficult to assimilate;
- what distinguishes resilient individuals from those who suffer future shock;
- how and why resilience forms;
- how people become committed to change;
- why organizational culture is so important to the success of change;
- the roles most central to change in organizational settings; and
- why powerful teamwork is at the heart of achieving change objectives, and how to foster it.